Search This Blog

Friday, May 7, 2010

Thank You to the Many Faithful Supporters

As I indicated in my first post to this blog site, the purpose of the "Transforming Lee County" Blog is to stimulate ideas and discussion about how to positively change Lee County, NC.  My campaign for County Commissioner is secondary to that aim. 


Having said that, I wish to send my heart-felt appreciation and best wishes to all those who prayed for this campaign, talked up my candidacy, made phone calls to get citizens out to vote, went door-to-door campaigning for me, or simply provided words of encouragement.   I can't thank you enough for your great support over the past three months.


Campaigns are long and arduous.  I thank God for supporters who know how to persevere.  With the May 4th Primary behind us, it's on to the November 2nd General Election.  Preparations are already underway to organize a solid campaign.  I pray our faithful campaign workers will be ready for an energetic push through this summer and fall so we can muster a record turnout of values voters ready for change we all can believe in (change that doesn't come at the expense of our hard working taxpayers).


May God richly bless you all!


Jim Womack

2 comments:

  1. Jim, I thought you might enjoy? this.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v60oNUoHBYM

    Patricia C.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patricia;

    Thanks for this link to the recent video clip of Congressman Etheridge striking a student on the streets of Washington, D.C.

    This is not the first time our long-standing elected Congressmnan has shown his arrogance and elitism in public. His performance in town hall meetings last fall was deplorable as well.

    I applaud these two young students who, from all appearances in this edited video, did nothing more than challenge a public figure about his blind support of the progressive presidential agenda in Washington.

    This public footage seriously diminishes the little remaining respect U.S. citizens have for members of Congress, and damages the opinion our fellow citizens must have for North Carolinians in general. I am embarrassed for Etheridge and for the entire 2nd District.

    On the positive side, perhaps this will give a bounce to Renee Ellmers' campaign for the U.S. Congress.

    By the way, I watched Congressman Etheridge's live press conference this afternoon in Washington. His apology seemed insincere and he blamed his reaction on having a bad day. TO his credit, he admitted his actions were inexcusable. Funny though, he made no mention of how he would impose self-accountability.

    Thanks again for this forward.

    ReplyDelete